Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
IAQ ‘is the environment characteristics inside buildings and structures that may affect human health, comfort or work performance.’
Some primary factors that influence IAQ:
- Air temperature and humidity.
- Ventilation rate.
- Pollutants concentration,
Air Quality at home:
Dust mites, mold spores, bacteria, allergens and airborne viruses can harm your family.
according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the air we breathe indoors is seven times more polluted than our outdoor air. more than 95% of particles in the air are smaller than one micron (which is 1/25,000th of an inch).
- 30% of buildings worldwide suffer from IAQ problems
- The annual lost productivity due to IAQ problems is 18%.
- $60 billions of lost productivity per year, and hundreds of billions of dollars when associated health care cost are included.
- People spent 70 – 90% of their time indoor.
Poor IAQ effects:
- Eye, Nose or throat irritations.
- Skin irritation
- Coughing trouble concentration
- Other illnesses including cancer, infections or other serious health effects can occur.